Articles in Juridica International
Articles in Juridica
- K. Kullerkupp, T. Uusen-Nacke, K. Kerstna-Vaks. Joint Property, Separate Debts: Settlement of Creditors’ Claims Against Spouses’ Joint Property, Juridica Abstract, 2016, No. 7, pp. 440-456
- Development and Prospects of the Movable Property Ownership Law in the Light of the Principles of European Private Law (DCFR), Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 7, pp. 443-456
- Restrictions on Immovable Property Ownership Arising from the Regulation Governing Utility Networks and Works, Juridica Abstract, 2003, No. 5, pp. 308–319
- Non-marital Cohabitation Versus Marriage: Proprietary Relations in the Context of Changing Forms of Cohabitation, in Co-operation with P. Kama, Juridica Abstract, 2002, No. 6, pp. 359–368
- Ownership Reservation and Expectant Rights, Juridica Abstract, 1998, No. 6, pp. 279–285
- Problems in the Regulation of the Court System, Juridica Abstract, 1997, No. 10, pp. 496–501
- Judge, Tartu Circuit Court
Adjunct Lecturer of Civil Law, University of Tartu
- Born: November 8, 1975, Tallinn
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD, University of Tartu, 2013
- Doctoral Student, University of Tartu, 2001–2013
- LLM, University of Freiburg, 2000 (magna cum laude)
- BA, University of Tartu, 1998
- Adjunct Lecturer of Civil Law, University of Tartu, 2014-current
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 2001–2014
- Judge, Tartu Circuit Court, 2009–current
- Tallinn Circuit Court, 2005–2008
- Counsellor, Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Estonia (Tartu Department), 1998–2005
- Contractual Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1998, 2000–2001
- Specialist, Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Estonia (Tartu Department), 1997–1998
- Internship, Legal Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia, 1996–1997
Main areas of research
- Property Law, Law of Civil Procedure, Family Law, European Union Law
Grants and projects
- Project ESF Grant No. 7297: Theoretical Bases of the Harmonisation of Main Institutes of Civil Law in Europe and Its Impact on Civil Law and Legislation in Estonia, 2008–2011
- Project ESF Grant 2004: The Mutual Influences of Estonian Civil Law and the European Civil Code, 2004–2006
- Fellow, Institute of Private Law, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, EuroFaculty Fellowship, 1997–1998
- Teaching Assistant, Institute of Private Law, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, EuroFaculty Grant, 1996–1997
Professional activity and membership
- Member of various working groups coordinated by the Ministry of Justice, with the task of preparing draft legislation (e.g. a new Draft Family Law Act, amendments to the Commercial Code, to the Law of Property Act etc), including the harmonisation or integration of EU legislation (e.g. the provisions concerning the Societas Europaea), 1999–2005.
Participation in scientific conferences and seminars
- Rules for the Transfer of Movables: A Candidate for European Harmonisation or National Reforms? Salzburg/Austria, Februry 15–16, 2007, 2 presentations (see List of Publications).
- XXIX Estonian Lawyers ’ Days: 15 Years of Legal Reforms in Estonia [XXIX Eesti õigusteadlaste päevad], 19–20 October 2006, Tartu/Estonia, Presentation: Family Law – Current Status and Future Perspectives
- European Corporate Governance Conference, October 18 2004, The Hague/Netherlands
- Principles of European Contract Law (III), May 7–8, 2004, Lleida/Spain.
- Estonian Civil Code in European Private Law Context, September 27–28, 2001, Tartu/Estonia, Presentation on Family Law.
- LL.M. Studies at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany, October 1999–November 2000
- Duke–Geneva Summer Institute for Transnational Law, Geneva, Switzerland, 1997
Hobbies and community work
- Member of Student Corporation Amicitia
- Property Law, 1998, 2001–2005
- K.Kullerkupp. In: P. Varul, I. Kull, V. Kõve, M. Käerdi. General Part of the Civil Code Act. Commented Edition. Tallinn: Juura, 2010, § 6, § 76, § 88, § 114 (in Estonian).
- K. Kullerkupp. National Report on the Transfer of Movables in Estonia. Faber, W., Lurger, B. (Editors), ‘National Reports on the Transfer of Movables in Europe’, München, Sellier European Law Publishers, 2008, pp. 219–340.
- K. Kullerkupp. Private Autonomy in Property Law: Can the Parties ‘Design’ their Transfer? In: Faber, W., Lurger, B. (Editors), Rules for the Transfer of Movables: A Candidate for European Harmonisation or National Reforms? München, Sellier European Law Publishers, 2008 Schriften zur Europäischen Rechtswissenschaft / European Legal Studies / Etudes juridiques européennes; 6, pp. 47–57.
- K. Kullerkupp. Transfer of Ownership in Recent Reform Projects: Estonia. In: Faber, W., Lurger, B. (Editors), Rules for the Transfer of Movables: A Candidate for European Harmonisation or National Reforms? München, Sellier European Law Publishers, 2008 Schriften zur Europäischen Rechtswissenschaft / European Legal Studies / Etudes juridiques européennes; 6, pp. 249–253.
- K. Kullerkupp. Family Law in Estonia. In: Bainham, A. (Editor), The International Survey of Family Law, Bristol/Jordans, 2001, pp. 95–110.
- Estonian (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- German (Fluent)
- Dutch (Fair)
- Finnish (Fair)
- Russian (Fair)
- Swedish (Poor)
- French (Poor)