Articles in Juridica International
Articles in Juridica
- Community of Apartment Owners: Delimitation, Passive Legal Capacity, Liability, Juridica Abstract, 2011, No. 6, pp. 415-426
- Community of Apartment Owners. The Passive Legal Capacity of Communities of Apartment Owners and Possibilities for Amendment of the Apartment Ownership Act, Juridica Abstract, 2008, No. 1, pp. 39-45
- Free Movement of Goods in the Draft Estonian Bar Association Act, Juridica Abstract, 2000, No. 9, pp. 612-616
- Weaknesses of a Strong Land Register, Juridica Abstract, 1999, No. 3, pp. 130-133
- Legislative Drafting, Juridica Abstract, 1999, No. 1, p. 14
- Movable Ownership, Juridica Abstract, 1993, No. 4, pp.80-81
- Born: May 25, 1971 Märjamaa, Rapla County
- Doctor iuris, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 2011
- Doctoral Student, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 2005–2010
- Magister iuris, University of Tartu, 1999
- Master Student, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1995–1998
- B.A., Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1994
- Secondary School in Märjamaa, 1978–1989
- Notary, Vice President of Estonian Chamber of Notaries, February 2005–current
- Secretary General, Ministry of Justice, February 2002-January 2005
- Deputy Secretary General on Legislative Drafting, Ministry of Justice, September 1995-February 2002
- Chief Specialist, Commercial Law Department, Ministry of Justice, September 1993-1995
Main areas of research
- General Issues of Property Law
- Land Register Law
- Housing Law
- Legal Issues of Ownership Reform
Professional activity and membership
- Vice-President of Estonian Lawyers Union, 2008-current
- Acting President, Estonian Lawyers Union, 2007–2008
- Member of the Council of Estonian Lawyers Union, 1999–current
- Member of Estonian Academic Law Society (EAÕS), 2000–current
- Member of Delegation for Accession Negotiations between European Union and Estonia, 1998–2004
- Member of the Government of the Republic Council of Higher Civil Servants, 1997–2005
- Member of expert teams for drafting the Law of Property Act, Law of Property Act Implementation Act, Land Register Act, Apartment Ownership Act, Legal Services Act, Courts Act, Bar Association Act, Land Reform Act and amendments to Principles of Ownership Reform Act, 1992–2001
- Chairman of the Government of the Republic Expert Committee for Legal Assessment of Proprietary Issues of Persons Who Emigrated from Estonia to Germany in 1939 and 1941, 1998
- Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft Scholarship (for studies at different judicial institutions in Germany), April 1998
- British Council Scholarship at the Civil College, Sunningdales, UK, February 1998
Hobbies and community work
- History, architecture, folklore, traveling
- P. Pärna. Law of Property Act. Commented Edition. 2nd ed., Tallinn: Juura, 2004. 672 p. (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna, K. Kolk, A. Jaadla. Apartment Owner’s Manual. Tallinn, 1997. pp. 8–67 (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna, V. Kõve. Law of Property Act. Commented Edition. Tallinn: Juura, 1996. pp. 7–57, 81–559 (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna. Amendments to Land Reform Act, Journal of Estonian Economy, 1996, No. 4 (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna. Estonian Business School Commercial Law Lectures Abstracts. 3rd Book. Law of Property Act. Tallinn, 1996 (in Estonian)
- P. Pärna. Things in Law of Property Act. – Maa & Vara, 1995, No. 9 (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna. Mortgage. Maa & Vara, 1995, No. 6 (in Estonian).
- P. Pärna. Immovable Property Ownership and Restrictions on Its Use. – Maa & Vara, 1995, No. 1 (in Estonian).
- Estonian (Native)