Articles in Juridica International
Ragne Piir, Karin Sein.
Law Applicable to Consumer Contracts: Interaction of the Rome I Regulation and EU-directive-based Rules on Conflicts of Laws, Juridica International, 2016, No. 1, pp. 63-70
Dear reader, Juridica International, 2014, No. 2, pp. 1-1
Karin Sein, Urmas Volens.
Legal Problems and Regulations related to Easy-access Non-secured Consumer Loans in Estonia, Juridica International, 2014, No. 2, pp. 120-137
Arsi Pavelts, Karin Sein.
The Buyer’s Right to Require Reimbursement for Repair Costs of Defective Goods under the CISG, the CESL, and Estonian Law, Juridica International, 2014, No. 1, pp. 147-158
Protection of Consumers in Consumer-Credit Contracts: Expectations and Reality in Estonia, Juridica International, 2013, No. 1, pp. 32-40
Piia Kalamees, Karin Sein.
Should Price Reduction be Recognised as a Separate Contractual Remedy?, Juridica International, 2013, No. 1, pp. 52-60
Kalev Saare, Karin Sein.
Transparenzgebot der AGB-Klauseln in den Verbraucherverträgen, Juridica International, 2012, No. 1, pp. 59-67
Protection of Consumers against Unfair Jurisdiction and Arbitration Clauses in Jurisprudence of the European Court of Justice, Juridica International, 2011, No. 1, pp. 54-62
Kalev Saare, Karin Sein, Mari-Ann Simovart.
The Buyer’s Free Choice Between Termination and Avoidance of a Sales Contract, Juridica International, 2008, No. 2, pp. 43-53
Should Estonian Law Provide for an Award of Punitive Damages?, Juridica International, 2007, No. 1, pp. 46-54
Kalev Saare, Karin Sein, Mari-Ann Simovart.
Differentiation of Mistake and Fraud as Grounds for Rescission of Transaction, Juridica International, 2007, No. 1, pp. 142-151
Damage arising from Defect in Object of Contract to Creditor’s Absolute Legal Rights: Contractual or Delictual Liability?, Juridica International, 2005, No. 1, pp. 51-59
Law Applicable to Persons Pursuant to Draft Private International Law Act, Juridica International, 2001, No. 1, pp. 133-141
Articles in Juridica
- Karin Sein, Monika Mikiver, Paloma Krõõt Tupay. Insight into the Legal Remedies of the Data Subject in the New General Data Protection Regulation, Juridica Abstract, 2018, No. 2, pp. 94-115
- Kai Härmand, Karin Sein. Dear Reader, Juridica Abstract, 2018, No. 2, p. 81
- Kaisa Saarmann, Karin Sein. Incurring Accessory Expenses for a Residential Lease Contract, Juridica Abstract, 2018, No. 1, pp. 3-15
- Karin Sein, Andrus Kattel. Traffic Damage Caused by Combination of Vehicles in a Foreign Country: Which State’s Legislation Shall Be Used to Assess the Potential Recovery of an Insurer From Another Insurer? European Court of Justice in Joined Cases C-359/14 and C-475/14, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 3, pp. 149-155
- Siiri Kuusik, Karin Sein. Assessing the Compliance of Digital Content with Contractual Requirements: Common European Sales Law, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 10, pp. 751-761
- Haide Hermet, Karin Sein. How to File an Action Against a Debtor Living at an Unknown Address in the European Union? Problems Related to Delivery of Judicial Documents, and Judgements by Default, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 9, pp. 669-679
- Irina Pavlovskaja, Karin Sein. Seizure of Bank Accounts Under a Procedure of European Account Preservation Order, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 7, pp. 550-560
- The Problems With Jurisdiction of Consumer Contracts in the Brussels I Regulation: What Are the Risks That Undertakings Must Consider When Providing Their Cross-border Goods or Services? Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 2, pp. 127-134
- Extraordinary Cancellation of a Rental Agreement Due to Delay of Payment by a Lessee, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 8, pp. 578-587
- Help! Obligor Who is Consumer Moved Abroad Comments on Supreme Court Decisions in Matters 3-2-1-11-01, 3-2-1-114-12 and 3-2-1-123-12, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 3, pp. 210-216
- Flight Passengers’ Right to Compensation. Regulation on Flight Passengers’ Rights in European Union, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 2, pp. 107-117
- Protection of Consumer Rights in the Draft of the European Sales Law: a Step ahead for the Estonian Consumers? Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 1, pp. 67-73
- When Can the Buyer Withdraw from a Contract due to Deficiencies in the Object of Sale? Comments on the Supreme Court Decisions in Civil Matters 3-2-1-11-01, 3-2-1-80-10 and 3-2-1-147-11, Juridica Abstract, 2012, No. 9, pp. 717-722
- Applicability of Provisions of Consumer Sales Contract to Relationship between the Lessee who is a Consumer and the Seller, Juridica Abstract, 2012, No. 5, pp. 376-383
- Who Must Bear the Initial Costs of Postage in Case of Withdrawal from a Contract of Sale Concluded by Mail or over the Internet? Judgment of the European Court of Justice in Handelsgesellschaft Heinrich Heine GmbH v Verbracherzentrale Nordrhein-Westf, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 10, pp. 800-801
- Requirements for the Format of Transactions and Consequences of Failure to Respect Such Requirements, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 7, pp. 508-516
- Acceptance of Work and the Liability of Contractors for Construction Faults, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 4, pp. 258-268
- Contracts between Real Estate Developers and Owners of Registered Immoveables: Sales Contracts or Mixed Contracts? Commentary on the Judgment of the Supreme Court in Civil Case 3-2-1-98-09, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 3, pp. 222-225
- Protection of Consumer Rights in SMS Loan Agreements, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 1, pp. 41-50
- What is the Period of Limitation for ActionsArising from Non-Performance of a Carriage Contract? Judgment of the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court in Case 3-2-1-3-09, Juridica Abstract, 2009, No. 10, pp. 719-721
- Should Punitive Damages Be Permissible under Estonian Law?, Juridica Abstract, 2008, No. 2, pp. 93-101
- Distinguishing Mistake and Fraud as Grounds for Cancellation of a Transaction, Juridica Abstract, 2007, No. 10, pp. 705-714
- Claims Resulting From Activities Causing Environmental Damage – Under Private Law and/or Public Law?, Juridica Abstract, 2007, No. 1, pp. 54-62
- What is force majeure?, Juridica Abstract, 2004, No. 8, pp. 511-519
- Forseeability of Loss as a Basis for Limitation of Demages, Juridica Abstract, 2003, No. 4, pp. 243-249
- Professor of Civil Law, University of Tartu
Acting Head, Department of Private Law, University of Tartu