Articles in Juridica International
Domestic Applicability of Customary International Law in Estonia, Juridica International, 2002, No. 1, pp. 28-38
Status of International Law in the Estonian Legal System under the 1992 Constitution, Juridica International, 2001, No. 1, pp. 222-232
Hannes Vallikivi, Tanel Kerikmäe.
State Continuity in the Light of Estonian Treaties Concluded before World War II, Juridica International, 2000, No. 1, pp. 30-39
Articles in Juridica
- Ex archivo. Contact of Power and Thought at the Faculty of Law of the University of Tartu in the Spring of 1936. Proceeding of a Complaint Submitted Against Professor Artur-Tõeleid Kliimann, Juridica Abstract, 2019, No. 6, pp. 435-440
- Dear Reader, Juridica Abstract, 2018, No. 3, p. 157
- Rotation of Lawyers Between the Bar Association, Prosecutor’s Office and Judiciary in the Second Half of the 1930s in the Republic of Estonia, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 3, pp. 244-259
- Aspects of EU Law in Cross-Border Mergers. Baltic Experience in Enterprises Merging to Form European Companies, Juridica Abstract, 2007, No. 4, pp. 249-262
- Review, H.-J. Uibopuu. International Protection of Human Rights. Salzburg, Tallinn: Juura, Õigusteabe AS, 2000, 136 p., Juridica Abstract, 2001, No. 9, pp. 670-672
- Use of the European Convention on Human Rights in the Practice of the Supreme Court, Juridica Abstract, 2001, No. 6, pp. 399-407
- Date of Entry into force of Estonian Constitution of 1992, Juridica Abstract, 1999, No. 7, pp. 348-351
- Legal Basis for Fundamental Rights and Freedoms, Juridica Abstract, 1997, No. 5, pp. 241-253
- Attorney-at-Law and Managing Partner, Law Firm Derling Primus
- Born: February 19, 1974, Tallinn
- Magister iuris, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 2001 (cum laude)
- BA, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1996
- Attorney-at-Law and Managing Partner, Law Firm Derling Primus, 2016-current
- Attorney-at-Law, Law Firm Tark Grunte Sutkiene, 2010-2016
- Contractual lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1999–2005
- Attorney-at-Law, Law Office Tark & Co, 1996–2010
- Attaché, Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Legal Department (Bilateral Treaties Division, Human Rights Division), 1993–1996
Main areas of research
- Public International Law, Human Rights Law, Constitutional Law, Company Law, Financial Law
Professional activity and membership
- President, Estonian Bar Association, 2016-2019
- Member of the Board of the Estonian Bar Association, 2010-2019
- Member of the International Bar Association (since 2007), Co-Chair of the Legal Opinions Sub-Committee of the Banking Law Committee (2009-2011)
- Member of the Listing and Surveillance Committee of the Tallinn Stock Exchange, 2007-current
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association, 1996-current
- Member of the Committee of Experts preparing the ratification of European Convention of Human Rights by Estonia, 1995–1996
- Research visits to Institute for Human Rights, Åbo Akademi University, Finland 2001, 2003
- Human Rights Law and Practice Programme, Birmingham University, Institute of European Law, Birmingham, United Kingdom, 1994
- Study visits to the Council of Europe, Human Rights Directorate, 1995, 1997
Hobbies and community work
- Member of the Society of Friends of Tallinn Botanic Garden, History of the 20th Century, Nature and Ecology
- Open Estonia Foundation (OEF) Competition for Legal Studies, Award, 1996
- Introduction to International Economic and Business Law, 2004-2005
- Status of International Law in Domestic Legal System, 1999–2002
- International Law (together with other lecturers), 1998–2002
- Presentations at several training seminars on human rights law (freedom of expression, right to privacy), international law, company law and finance law, organised by the Council of Europe, Estonian Law Centre, UNDP etc., 1997–current
- H. Vallikivi. Põhiõiguste ja –vabaduste piiramise alused. [Human Rights and Their Protection in Europe]. Compiled by U. Lõhmus. Tartu, Iuridicum Foundation, 2003, pp. 181–208 (in Estonian).
- M. Kiviorg, K. Land, K. Miil, H. Vallikivi. International Law. Lectures. Tallinn: Juura, 2002. 188 p. (in Estonian).
- H. Vallikivi. International Treaties in the Estonian Legal System. Domestic Validity and Applicability of International Treaties Concluded under the 1992 Constitution. Tallinn: Õiguskirjastus, 2001 (in Estonian).
- H. Vallikivi. Validity and Applicability in Estonian Legal System of International Treaties Concluded under 1992 Constitution. Master Thesis. Tartu, 2001.
- H. Vallikivi. About Media Freedom. Õigus Teada, April 1998 (in Estonian).
- H. Vallikivi (co–author). Compatibility of Estonian Law with the Requirements of the European Convention on Human Rights. Council of Europe, Directorate of Human Rights, 1997.
- Estonian (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Russian (Fair)